Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Why pumpkins?


I love pumpkin patches. LOVE them! I never went to one when I was a kid and now I go to them all of the time in the fall. They have evolved into a pumpkin patch festival with rides, mazes, pumpkin games, petting zoos and tons of food!!! My vision includes all of these activities-but more importantly, I want to provide memorable activities for families. :) The barn pictured is the "Pumpkin Barn" that needs to be restored. I would have loved to see this farm in its prime days.


I've only grown pumpkins in my garden - never on a large scale. I've done research on them and I have a master plan for next year. However, next year will be a trial run. I need a little practice to make sure I can deliver a great product. I'm also going to plant my garden boxes with veggies, rows of tomatoes and hopefully some blueberry & raspberry bushes. I'd like to do canning next year with all of my fruits and veggies. My vision is so grand that it frightens me! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment