Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In a funk.

I didn't get the Frolic quilt finished. In fact, I practiced machine quilting on scraps for a week and I finally sat down with the real thing and botched it up. On a scale from 1-10, I would rate it a 4. And I didn't finish because I was so disappointed. So I gave Ariana some other gifts that she loved and in the mean time, I'll be ripstitching the quilt and doing it by hand so that it will be ready for the new little bundle in March. I love becoming an auntie, it's SO much FUN!
On the farm front, not much happening because it's the middle of January. We've had really low temps this year and all of this snow has stuck around for a long time! I snapped these pictures a few days ago - I thought it was SO pretty out with a light layer of fog covered the farm in the morning...


The sun rising in the east...

Back to the grind now... A.J.'s 3rd birthday is on Friday and Miss Izzy is starting to walk!!! How quickly time slips by...

2 comments:

  1. I admire you for your desire to restore the farm. That looks so cold! I'll bet it will be beautiful in summer. I used to spend my summers in farm/ranch country in north western SoDak and loved watching the fields growing and ripening. What will you grow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! We want to have a pumpkin patch - probably next year. This year we're going to try different varieties and actually learn how to grow them.

    ReplyDelete