Saturday, January 8, 2011

Quilt for my niece or nephew

I finished a quilt top last night, it's the first one in over a year! I'm giving it as a baby shower gift to my sister in law next Sunday. I went outside to take a picture of my quilt top and saw an Amish buggy riding by.... (They didn't see me and if they did, I hope they are not offended if they saw me snapping my camera in their direction.)
The quilt is "Frolic" by Sandy Gervais. I have been gazing at this quilt for several months now at the Fat Quarter Shop online - wishing I had someone to make it for as a gift.
Well, what do you know? My sister in law, Ariana told me that she is decorating the babies room with owls... so a light went of in my head and I bought the kit right away and got to work. Now I have to machine quilt it in 7 days!!! Well, I'm inspired and determind to finish it!!! (fingers crossed!)

Have a wonderful weekend!!!



1 comment:

  1. Cute! And she probably wouldn't have been nearly as critical of your quilting as you are.

    ReplyDelete